Moving can be stressful, but remembering to follow a few important steps can make it much less so. There are several things people often forget when moving, and today we’ll be highlighting just a few. The next time you pack your bags to head to a new home, always make sure to complete these crucial tasks:
1. Determine if you’ll need to switch banks. Unless your old bank happens to have a branch near your new home, you may need to switch banks entirely. This may be tedious, but you’ll be glad you did it once you’re done.
2. Find a new healthcare provider and pharmacy. Calling your current doctor to have prescriptions transferred to a pharmacy near your new home will give you plenty of time to search for a new healthcare provider after you’ve moved in. Of course, you should still keep the contact information for your old doctor so that you can have paperwork and medical recorders forwarded once you’ve got a new provider.
3. Transfer your memberships to local clubs or gyms.
4. Request records from your children’s school(s). This way, you can take these records with you to their new school district.
5. Raid the kitchen. About a month before you move, start thawing out and using the food you’ve had sitting in your freezer and refrigerator so that they are clean and empty before moving day.
6. Get your car checked up. Your vehicle should be in good working order before you make the trip to your new home.
7. Transfer your utilities. Electricity, gas, trash collection, internet, and all other utilities will need to be canceled and/or transferred.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.